Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $23 billion in capital dedicated to growth equity, fixed income and public equity opportunities. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in healthcare, eCommerce, technology and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information about the firm, please see www.summitpartners.com, and for more information on what it’s like to work at Summit, please visit https://life.summitpartners.com/
What you’ll do
The firm seeks to recruit a Vice President focusing on portfolio company operations to its Healthcare, Growth Equity team in its Boston office. The VP will report to Darren Black, co-head of the Healthcare team, and will work closely with Peter Francis, Managing Director, and Ross Stern, Managing Director.
This role will work closely with Summit’s healthcare portfolio companies to set and execute on the company’s strategy, and to identify opportunities and implement solutions for operational improvement.
What you’re like
- Have 5+ years of deep experience in the healthcare space, consulting space, or similar
- Feel comfortable working independently
- Strong work ethic and ability to flex up or down on team as needed
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills- engaging personality, ability to persuade, confident but humble; Perceptive about people, enjoys the company of entrepreneurs
- Excellent business judgment, and comfortable working closely with and presenting to the most senior executives
- Strong analytical skills, but comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
At Summit, we value employees who are as entrepreneurial and driven as the founders we back. We value diversity in all forms and work to create an inclusive and open culture where the best ideas win. We look for leaders who are humble, hungry, are strong team players and who like to have fun.