Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $23 billion. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in e-commerce, technology, healthcare, and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information about the firm, please see www.summitpartners.com, and for more information on what it’s like to work at Summit, please see https://life.summitpartners.com/.
What You’ll Do
Summit Partners is looking for a seasoned cybersecurity technology executive to join our value enhancement offerings for current and future portfolio companies. In this the executive will have responsibility for establishing and managing programs for assessing and helping remediate the information risk profile of Summit’s portfolio companies and assessing the security maturity during the diligence process for potential investments.
The new VP will also act as a thought leader for Summit in relation to cybersecurity issues. This person will regularly interact with Investment teams across all our funds, as well as our internal value enhancement organization and external companies.
- Develop, extend, and manage the process for scheduling, launching, and completing initial and periodic assessments and reporting to executives on outcomes and progress
- Lead pre-deal workstreams related to all areas of security – application, network, and general information and cyber security.
- Managing providers of services we may use or offer as part of our security program from Statement-of-Work through contract negotiation and implementation.
- Manage the relationship with portfolio companies related to information security maturity and maturity development
- Develop executive reporting on assessment outcomes (portfolio company security strengths and weaknesses) and practice improvements
- Advise Summit investment teams on industry practices and trends and on the threat landscape in general.
What You’re Like
- 10+ years in information security and risk management, with experience developing and operating an information security function in a medium to large organization
- Deep understanding of relevant industry standards (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST 800-53) and frameworks (CIS top 20, NIST CSF)
- Critical thinker and problem solver; strong analytical skills, but comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
- Strong interpersonal skills – engaging personality, ability to persuade, confident but humble; perceptive about people, enjoys the company of entrepreneurs
- Excellent business judgment, and comfortable working closely with and presenting to the most senior executives
- Comfortable with an unpredictable and dynamic schedule, including, at times, some travel
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Degree in technology related fields. Experience with working in an investment environment (venture through private equity) highly valuable.