Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $23 billion in capital dedicated to growth equity, fixed income and public equity opportunities. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in healthcare, eCommerce, technology and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information about the firm, please see www.summitpartners.com, and for more information on what it’s like to work at Summit, please visit https://life.summitpartners.com/
What you’ll do
The firm seeks to recruit a Vice President to its Healthcare, Growth Equity team for its Boston office. The VP will report to Darren Black, co-head of the Healthcare team, and will work closely with Peter Francis, Managing Director, and Ross Stern, Managing Director.
This person will lead the pre-deal origination and diligence process and will spend significant time with existing portfolio company management teams. This person will additionally attend board meetings as an observer and potentially as a Director. This critical addition to the team will play a central role in furthering Summit’s reputation as one of the leading healthcare investors in the world.
The Vice President’s responsibilities will include:
- Participate in all areas of the deal process, including thematic ideation, sourcing, execution, portfolio management, etc.
- Lead pre-deal execution and diligence workflows
- Manage and coach Analysts / Associates on the team
- Develop theses, map relevant industry sectors, and establish industry relationships to generate new deal flow
- Help inform portfolio company strategy; identify opportunities and implement solutions for operational improvement
- Serve as a valued member of the partnership as well as the portfolio company Boards in the capacity of Observer, Advisor or Director
- Help Summit make sound investment decisions, provide outstanding service levels to portfolio companies and co-workers and deliver outsized returns to the firm’s Limited Partners
What you’re like
- Have 2-3 years of relevant investing experience with a demonstrable deal track record, with deep experience in the healthcare space and 2-3 years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, consulting firm or other related industry
- Feels comfortable working independently
- Strong work ethic and ability to flex up or down on team as needed
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Dedicated leader and coach, able to motivate and develop a junior team
- Strong interpersonal skills- engaging personality, ability to persuade, confident but humble; Perceptive about people, enjoys the company of entrepreneurs
- Excellent business judgment, and comfortable working closely with and presenting to the most senior executives
- Strong analytical skills, but comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
At Summit we believe the ingredients of a great investor are similar to those of a great entrepreneur. Both require passion and drive, a voracious appetite to learn, insatiable curiosity, a genuine interest in business and how companies work and, perhaps most importantly, a resilience and relentless optimism that the next great company is right around the corner. We value diversity in all forms and work to create an inclusive and open culture where the best ideas win. We look for leaders who are humble, hungry, are strong team players and who like to have fun.