**Please note that recruitment for 2022 interns will not begin until mid/late summer of 2021, please do not expect an immediate response. We will be in touch as recruitment formally begins, and unfortunately, we cannot offer individual phone conversations at this time.
Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $23 billion in capital dedicated to growth equity, fixed income and public equity opportunities. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in ecommerce, technology, healthcare and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information, please see www.summitpartners.com or on Twitter at @SummitPartners. To learn more about what it's like to work at Summit visit https://life.summitpartners.com/.
What you’ll do
Summit Partners offers internships on our Growth Equity and Venture Capital Investment Teams, our Credit Investment Team, our Public Equities Hedge Fund, our Product Technology Team, and our Firm Operations Teams.
A brief overview of each position below –
GE/VC Investment Team
- Interns will support Summit Partners' effort to shape new investment themes and identify potential deal opportunities. They will sit on industry teams and will be tasked with conducting market and industry research to identify and qualify investment opportunities, largely in private companies. Interns will also help with transaction-specific responsibilities such as due diligence and quantitative analysis. Interns will also receive exposure to both new and existing portfolio companies.
Credit Investment Team
- Interns will work directly with investment professionals to assist in the development and evaluation of new investment ideas, as well as help with the management of existing investments. You will get exposure to all aspects of the investment process including performing qualitative and quantitative due diligence on companies and industries, working with management teams, writing investment memorandums, building financial models, and participating in the legal documentation of transactions.
Public Equities Hedge Fund Team
- Interns will be responsible for researching market trends and providing in-depth industry analysis. You will work with Sr. Analysts and Portfolio Managers to develop investment theses on individual companies and build models detailing your findings. Interns will receive exposure to management teams and learn how to develop written investment overviews.
Product Technology Team
- Interns will help develop and test a standardized approach to Summit’s technology diligence by attending pre- and post- diligence meetings with Summit portfolio companies and deal professionals to understand technology risks and opportunities. Interns will also be responsible for developing content for Chief Technology Officers and Chief Product Officers across the Summit Partners network. Interns will assist in refining and adapting models to help Summit understand what makes a good investment and will work with the Investment Teams and the Internal Software Product Team to improve “A5”: Summit’s internal software platform.
- Interns will join one of our Marketing, Finance, or Talent/Recruiting teams (please specify which you are interested in). These interns will work closely with our firm operations team in their respective divisions.
The Summer Experience
- In depth financial modeling training
- Community service project
- Social events (dinners, sporting events, summer office party)
- Summit specific training
- Individual speech coaching
What you’re like
Summer Interns who join Summit Partners possess a strong record of academic achievement at the undergraduate level from a leading college or university. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of leadership skills, outstanding academic achievements and extra-curricular honors including in some cases success in collegiate athletics. While we prefer candidates who have an understanding of economics, accounting, and/or corporate finance, majoring in these fields is not a requirement. We look for a minimum GPA of 3.6 and only accept 2023 graduates.
The Summer Intern position requires highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals with strong analytical and communication skills. Interns must be able to think quickly and will work in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates must have a proven track record of leadership skills.
This is a paid, temporary position that is not eligible for the Firm’s standard benefits package. The Summer Intern program is typically 10 weeks in duration. We have roles available in our Boston Office, in the midst of Boston’s Back Bay Neighborhood, or our Menlo Park Office, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
At Summit we value diversity in all forms and work to create an inclusive and open culture where the best ideas win. We look for leaders who are humble, hungry, are strong team players and who like to have fun. We look forward to reviewing your application.