Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $42 billion in capital dedicated to growth equity, fixed income and public equity opportunities. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in eCommerce, technology, healthcare and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information, please see www.life.summitpartners.com and check us out on LinkedIn!
What you'll do
Want to help find the next great growth companies in the world? Or help investors, and entrepreneurs better understand their businesses?
Summit Partners is looking for an experienced data analyst who will work on projects across all stages of an investment. Help deliver insights and drive results from deal sourcing, through diligence, to post-investment value enhancement. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with data from many sources, analyzing a wide variety of business questions, and interacting with colleagues across the firm.
This role reports to our Vice President of Analytics & Data Science, and is remote.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform quantitative analysis on internal and external data sets
- Leverage analytic and statistical models to uncover and provide insights that help guide product and investment decisions
- Develop repeatable tools, templates and benchmarks when possible
- Build statistical or machine learning models as prototypes; work with our engineering team to move promising ones into production
- Contribute to Summit Partners’ thought leadership efforts.
What you’re like
- Curious, passionate, and motivated to find value in data and communicate it to teammates.
- Expert-level fluency in SQL-based data manipulation and analytics
- Experience using modeling and scripting languages (R, Python, etc) for data analysis
- Experience creating dashboards in Tableau or similar systems
- Customer-centric approach to analytics