Summit Partners, a global alternative investment firm with more than $28 billion in assets under management, seeks to add a thoughtful, creative and motivated professional to help grow the Firm’s marketing team and build our content creation efforts. Working alongside the Firm’s Chief Marketing Officer, you will join a highly collaborative team focused on building Summit’s brand and sharing the Summit Partners story – and the stories of the companies and teams with which we partner – in the marketplace. As Summit’s Content and Digital Marketing Specialist, you’ll help to create and share content designed to position the Firm, our team members and our portfolio company leaders as the leading voices in our sectors of focus. You will work with leaders within the Firm, the portfolio, and the broader Summit Partners network to drive meaningful campaigns across communications, editorial, and events.
What you’ll do
As a key member of Summit’s Marketing team, you will be primarily focused on creating engaging and informative digital marketing content, including long- and short-form written pieces, infographics, social media posts and website/branding copy – designed to drive awareness and understanding of the depth and breadth of Summit Partners’ experience in our sectors of focus. You will help to own and manage our editorial content calendar and to execute our content and digital marketing strategy, including social media distribution, with the goal of delivering a regular cadence of perspectives and thought leadership to support business objectives. To support this work, you will collaborate with the Firm’s investment and portfolio resource teams to identify opportunities to lead conversations through content that highlights our unique depth of expertise and viewpoint in the market.
What you’re like
Our Content and Digital Marketing Specialist should have, above all, an innate curiosity about the sectors and the companies in which we invest, a passion for writing, and an exceptional capacity to translate complex concepts into simple, powerful stories.
Qualifications / Requirements
• 3-5+ years of professional experience in content strategy, copywriting, journalism or related field
• Exceptional written communication skills and great attention to editorial detail
• High EQ; demonstrated ability to communicate with, persuade, influence, and build trust at the executive level
• Strong partnership skills – we are connectors at our core and find joy and purpose in building trusted connections within the firm, within our portfolio, and with other leaders in the sectors in which we operate
• Digital marketing experience with understanding of / experience in SEO, Google Analytics, social media and content distribution platforms
• Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and experience using social media to support brand building
• An entrepreneurial, action-oriented mindset
• An understanding of core financial concepts and an interest in private equity, venture capital and the broader alternative investment landscape
Summit Partners Background
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that has raised more than $34 billion in capital since inception and is currently managing more than $28 billion in growth equity, venture capital, fixed income and public equity capital. Over the last 35+ years, Summit has invested in more than 500 companies in technology, healthcare and other growth sectors. These companies have completed more than 160 public offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. Summit maintains offices in North America and Europe; and invests in companies around the world. Summit employs more than 100 investment professionals worldwide and offers portfolio company leaders strategic and tactical support through the Summit portfolio resource teams.
We are working to build a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. Compensation for this role is competitive and includes base pay and annual bonus. In addition, Summit Partners offers best-in-class medical and dental benefits, 401K contribution, and additional a free on-site gym. This role will be based in Summit’s Boston office.
If you are a storyteller at heart, passionate about the entrepreneurial journey and a believer in the benefits of great partnership, we’d love to hear from you!