Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $19 billion in capital dedicated to growth equity, fixed income and public equity opportunities. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in eCommerce, technology, healthcare and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 140 public equity offerings, and more than 190 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales. For more information, please see www.summitpartners.com or on Twitter at @SummitPartners.
What you’ll do
Technology associates function as integral members of the experienced venture capital investment team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading Summit Partners' effort to identify attractive industry sectors and specific companies for investment
- Attending trade shows and conferences and reviewing industry publications to contribute to Summit Partners' proprietary database of private companies
- Speaking with over 1,000 entrepreneurs each year to source new portfolio companies
- Conducting due diligence and quantitative analysis
- Helping manage portfolio company relationships (secondary)
What you’re like
We hire associates after 2-3 years of professional experience (typically investment banking or consulting, although we are open to other professional experience as well). Successful candidates will have a proven track record of leadership skills, outstanding academic and/or professional achievements (typically a GPA of 3.6+) and extra-curricular and/or community engagement.
The associate role requires highly motivated and self-driven individuals who exhibit high attention to detail. They should have strong analytical and communication skills and must be able to think quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
At Summit we believe the ingredients of a great investor are similar to those of a great entrepreneur. Both require passion and drive, a voracious appetite to learn, insatiable curiosity, a genuine interest in business and how companies work and, perhaps most importantly, a resilience and relentless optimism that the next great company is right around the corner.